The Painted Pot is an independent, family-owned contemporary ceramics studio that operates out of a house alongside other Rochester businesses. The owner, Gina Honant, grew up in Rochester. The Painted Pot enjoys a strong set of regular customers who come in with friends or family to paint their own plates, mugs or other items for decorative and kitchen use. After one week, the customers return to pick up a fired, glazed and finished product that they created themselves.
- Hours: Tues - Thu, 10am - 9pm; Fri, Sat, 10am - 6pm; Sun, noon - 5pm; Mon, closed
- Founding Date: January 1996
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: Yes
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- What makes this community special?: The Painted Pot is happy to be part of a family community, and enjoys how they often know the customers that come in.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Store Credit Card, Visa
- Products: Do-it-yourself pottery
- Services: Classes, Gift certificates, Repair
- Return policy: If there is a "shiver" in the item, or any other blemish or error, then the customer may exchange it to make another for free, or get their money back.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Private events: Yes
- Any tips for first-time crafters?: Have fun and get creative!