St. Paul's United Methodist Church
Led by Reverends Jeff Regan, Jon Reynolds, Latha Ravi and Dwayne Kelsey, St. Paul's boasts a congregation of over 2,200 with regular weekly attendance averaging nearly 650. The expansive church was founded in a home in the mid-19th century and is now located east of Main Street on Romeo Road. St. Paul's offers two worship services (one contemporary and one traditional) and three Sunday school classes, including classes for people with special needs. The church also has men's, women's and children's groups, adult bible study groups, a music ministry and a pick-up basketball team that meets Monday evenings. St. Paul's also offers vacation bible school, Prayerful Yoga classes and support services for alcohol addiction, cancer and bipolar disorder. Members of the church regularly perform volunteer work for local, national and international charitable organizations like Habitat for Humanity. St. Paul's also offers an email newsletter to keep its members up-to-date on current happenings at the church. St. Paul's has an active Cub Scout and Boy Scout Troop.
- Hours: Sunday Service: 9am, contemporary; 11am, traditional. Sunday school: 9:15am, 10am, 11:15am.
- Handicap Accessible: There are ramps, handicapped parking spots, handicap-accessible bathrooms, wide hallways, elevators, large-print hymnals and bibles, wheelchair seating, personal PA system amplifiers and reserved parking spots for seniors.
- Founding Date: 1858
- What makes this community special?: "It has a small-town feel. The downtown area is quaint." - Donna, business manager.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Methodist
- Congregation size: 2200
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes