St. Luke's United Methodist Church
Though established in 1934, St. Luke's United Methodist Church has been at its current Walton Boulevard location, across the street from Oakland University's campus, since 1964. In 1998, Rochester Hills First United Methodist Church merged with St. Luke's, further expanding its congregation. The church, led by Reverend Dr. Julius Del Pino, has a youth group that meets on Sunday nights at 6pm, Sunday- and nursery-school programs during the 9:30am Sunday service, music programs and Bible-study classes. The church also supports many mission activities, including the Rochester Area Neighborhood House, United Methodist Committee on Relief and various missions involving its sister church in Liberia.
- Hours: Worship service: Sun, 9:30am. Church Office Hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, 8am - 2pm; Wed, 9am - noon. Reverend Del Pino's office hours: Wed, 9:30am - 1pm.
- Handicap Accessible: There is street-level access to this building.
- Founding Date: 1934
- What makes this community special?: "The people, and it's really warm and friendly." --Konni Larson-Behounek, office manager
- Parking: Free lot, Valet
- Denomination: Methodist
- Congregation size: 300
- Services: Choir/music programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: No