St. John Lutheran Church
St. John Lutheran Church is a large church led by Pastors Ray Scherbarth and Stephen Schilke and holds three traditional worship services in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings as well as a multimedia "Generation G" worship service that is held in the gymnasium of the adjoining school at 9:30am. Sunday school is offered at 9:30am for children from three years through sixth grade, and nursery care is available during most services. The church also offers youth groups, adult Bible classes, vacation Bible school and numerous other groups and organizations for men, women and children. St. John Lutheran Church is also involved in many local, regional and global charitable organizations and missions.
- Fax: 248-402-8001
- Hours: Sunday Services: 8am, 9:30am, 11am. Sunday School: 9:30am; Nursery care is available during the 9:30am and 11am Sunday services.
- Handicap Accessible: There is street-level access to this building, which has wide hallways and handicap-accessible bathrooms.
- Founding Date: 1920
- What makes this community special?: "I feel like it's a big family." - Sheri Aman, office manager.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Christian, Lutheran
- Congregation size: 2,300
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes