Located in Stoney Creek Village, this 16-acre museum complex was home to the Taylor and VanHoosen families dating back to 1823. It now offers local residents and families a place to learn about the past, enjoy the beauty of the present and prepare for the future. The restored 1927 dairy barn includes exhibits highlighting the settlement, agriculture, industry and cultural evolution of the community. The museum also includes the farm house, red house and Stoney Creek one-room school house. The museum hosts more than 200 field trips a year for students in kindergarden through the third grade.
The museum also offers fun family activities year-round including the Little House on the Creek Day Camp and Week-Long Camp, Member Lecture Series, Stonewall Pumpkin Festival, Historic Home Tour, Santa Visit, Old-Fashioned Christmas, Railroad Club Train exhibit, Salute to Veterans Lecture Series, Textile Exhibit, Wet & Wild Wednesdays and Granger Vintage Baseball Games.
In addition to the museum's offerings, the grounds are part of the Rochester Hills Parks Department and feature walking trails, a river and an enchanted garden. The beautiful, wooded grounds with a gazebo offer the ideal setting for a wedding. The museum hosts over 40 weddings a year.
- Hours: Fri - Sat, 1pm - 4pm or by appointment. Tours: Fri - Sat, 1:30pm and 3pm. Grounds and garden are open as part on the Rochester Hills Parks Department (grounds are closed during private weddings).
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps for indoor and outdoor access; ADA accessible
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Benches, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Public art
- Services: Gift shop, Restrooms, Tours
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No smoking
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 16 acres
- Ticket information: Adults, $5; seniors (60 and over), $3; students (K-12), $3
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English
- Audio tours?: No
- Gift shop: Yes
- Gift shop hours: Fri - Sat, 1pm - 4pm
- Cameras allowed?: Yes
- Membership levels: Corporate, Family, Individual