Give Thanks Bakery has a long tradition of family, hand-made baking for centuries. The founder and owner, Gerald Matthes, founded the bakery 11 years ago, following in the footsteps of his great-great-grandfather, who founded his own successful bakery in Germany in the 1700's. The bakery serves up a variety of fresh-baked goods, made each day on the premises, to loyal customers and is proud to donate 10% at least of all profits to local non-profit organizations.
- Hours: Tue - Fri, 7am - 3pm; Sat, 7am - 2pm; Sun, Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at ground level, which is wide enough for wheel chair access.
- Founding Date: 1999
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Breads, pastries, wedding cakes
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Delivery, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.givethanksbakery.com/pastries.html
- Specialties: European pastries and fresh breads, as well as wedding cakes
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: The way that businesses give back to local charities.
- Top 10 menu items, or signature dishes: Tortes, cakes, and tarts, such as tiramisu, the black forest, and the sachre torte.