This bookseller specializing in used books is in the heart of downtown, conveniently located near the university. It buys, sells and trades quality used books in hard cover and paperback. Downtown Booksellers has a wide variety of out-of-print, antiquarian and collectible titles. There is a children's section and a wide range of genres covered, including science fiction, literature, history, mystery, self-help, romance and religious/spiritual.
To sell or trade books, visit or call the store. The booksellers are available for appointments after-hours. Titles can also be purchased online from the Downtown Booksellers' website.
- Hours: Mon, Tue, Wed, 10 - 5pm; Thu, Fri, Sat, 10am - 6pm. Open some Sundays (Call ahead 248-652-6657 or check our facebook page).
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Feb 01 2006
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Paypal, Personal Check, Store Credit Card, Visa
- Products: Used, rare and out-of-print books
- Services: Gift certificates, Gift wrapping, Shipping
- Return policy: Returns need to be verfied by the owner.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- What makes this community special?: "Close-knit people and customer loyalty."
- Which book or magazine would you recommend to customers?: Owner's favorite: "Beach Music" by Pat Conroy. Another favorite, although it causes controversy, is "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown.
- Book store specialties: Children's books
- New/used: Used
- Wi-Fi: None