Crittenton Hospital Medical Center
When Crittenton relocated from Detroit to Rochester in 1967, it only occupied one relatively small building. After numerous expansions, Crittenton is now a full-service, 290-bed medical institution that employs 500 physicians and over 2,000 nurses and other staff. The hospital is perhaps most renowned for its joint replacement center, although it also boasts a cardiac unit staffed by University of Michigan cardiac surgeons, a chest pain observation center, a cancer treatment facility and an emergency room that doubles as an after-hours pediatric urgent care center.
Additionally, Crittenton maintains a partnership with Oakland University's School of Nursing and houses Wayne State's Family Medicine Residency Program.
Crittenton is also home to an impressive maternity ward that delivers between 2,000 and 2,500 babies a year. New families receive a candlelit celebration dinner the night before mother and the baby are discharged and Genesis Portraits provides in-house newborn portrait services for new families. Crittenton also broadcasts a lullaby over the hospital's PA system every time a baby is born.
This neighborhood hospital is nestled within the neighborhood on the southeast corner of Livernois Road and University Drive, right in the middle of the communities it has been serving for over forty years.
- Hours: General visiting hours: Daily, 1pm - 8pm; other visiting hours vary by department. Coffee shop: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 7pm (closed 12:55pm - 1:35pm for lunch); Sat - Sun, 9:30am - 2:30pm. Gift shop: Mon - Fri, 10am - 8pm; Sat, 10am - 4pm; Sun, 1pm - 4pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1967
- Insurance accepted: Most insurance plans accepted
- Free consultation: No
- Financial assistance: Patients w/o insurance
- Parking: Free lot, Valet
- What makes this community special?: The sense of community and the amenities. The community festivals have a much more neighborly feel. I also like the mom-and-pop shops.
- Number of beds: 290
- Type: General
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop, Valet parking
- Departments: Burn unit, Cancer center, Cardiology, Dental surgery, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Intensive care unit, Internal medicine, Neurology, OB/GYN, Orthopedic services, Pathology, Pediatrics, Physical therapy, Plastic surgery, Psychiatric ward, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery, Urology
- Visiting hours: General visiting hours: Daily, 1pm - 8pm; other visiting hours vary by department.
- Helipad: Yes