- If you're interested in learning more about the candidates for Rochester Hills City Council, you can attend a League of Women Voters candidate forum Tuesday at the Rochester Hills City Hall auditorium. The forum begins at 7 p.m. Can't make it out? Set your DVR or tune in to your local public access channel (Comcast 20, AT&T 99 or WOW 10) or stream starting Sept. 25 from the Rochester Hills city website, www.rochesterhills.org.
- Are you registered to vote? Tuesday is National Voter Registration Day. Check out a number of voter registration drives in Metro Detroit, or head to your local Secretary of State branch office (2250 Crooks Road in Rochester Hills) to register!
- Fall is officially here! Find a local cider mill on our map here.
- Speaking of fall, this week is the kickoff of Rochester Mills' Oktoberfest, which is adding the Lions Club carnival to the festivities this year. This year's pub-brewed batch of the malty beer will be tapped at 7 p.m. Thursday, and the festivities run through Sunday. Check out more with our preview story here.
- Another sure sign of fall is the Brooksie Way, which takes place Sunday, starting at Meadow Brook. Lace up your running shoes, affix your bib and make sure you're registered here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something