1. Marion's Question of the Week: Each week, Marion Tobkin of @ Home Furniture in downtown Rochester will try to stump Patch readers with a trivia question, puzzle or brain challenge.
What subject do the following words all have in common?: Blue, Gold, Dog, Cat, Cave, Lantern, Sword, Hatchet, Damsel, Butterfly
The answer will be revealed in Tuesday's "Today in Rochester" post.
2. Grab Fresh Produce at the Farmers' Market
The weekly Downtown Rochester Farmers' Market continues this Saturday from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. at the corner of E. Third and Water Street. Featured attractions this weekend include: Bright Loritos Language Program and Food for Thought from 10 a.m.-noon.
3. Borden and Spencer Park Fields to Undergo Renovations
The soccer fields at Borden and Spencer parks will undergo renovations starting today through Aug. 29.
4. Rochester Planning Commission Meets Tonight
The Rochester Planning Commission will meet at 7 p.m. today in the conference room at Rochester City Hall, 400 Sixth Street in Rochester.
The agenda includes:
- Continued review of 209 Walnut Blvd., Leonor Dental
- Consideration of a site plan review for 337-339 Wilcox, Hawthorne Apartments
- Consideration of a site plan for 1316 Pine, Pine Knoll Estates
- Consideration of a site plan and special exception review for 611-613 Main, Paint Creek Tavern
- Consideration of a site plan and special exception review for 401 N. Main St., Rojo Mexican Bistro
Those wishing to give blood can do so at one of the following dates:
- Thursday, Aug. 8, 2-7:45 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 9, 8 a.m.-1:45 p.m.
Schedule an appointment at www.redcrossblood.org.