For the 14th year, the sale of fresh New England lobsters will help raise money for organizations across Rochester.
It's the annual Lobster Boil, hosted by the , and it's planned for Sept. 29. But you have to place your order by Sunday in order to get in on the fund-raising fun.
Here's how it works:
- The lobsters are flown in the morning of Sept. 29 from New England. They weigh between 1 and 1.25 pounds.
- You can choose a live or cooked lobster. If you're picking up a live lobster, you'll need to bring your own container to transport it. If you choose a cooked version, it will be wrapped and ready to serve — it will stay hot for up to two hours.
- Lobsters are $18 apiece. If you're planning a party, you can buy 12 and get the 13th free.
- The pick-up is a drive-through at the — you don't have to get out of your car.
- Fill out your order at http://www.rhpl.org/rjwc/events.htm and mail to: RJWC Lobster Boil, P.O. Box 80743 Rochester, MI 48308-0743 no later than Sunday. You will receive an order confirmation card and a pickup time.
- If you have questions or would like to order by phone, contact Cyndi at (248) 941-7991 or Linda at (248) 321-4493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rochester Junior Woman’s Club that , friends of the and will be the recipients for their 2012-13 fundraising year.