What's happening at this summer? A lot!
From new shops to family-friendly events, the corner of Walton and Adams has it all going on.
- Massage Envy has nearly 700 locations nationwide and is now coming to The Village. The membership-based clinic will open later this year.
- It will soon be easier to "eat fresh" at The Village. A is scheduled to open next to early this fall.
- Celebrity-inspired apparel is coming soon at Apricot Lane. The trendy women's clothing store will be open by summer's end.
What's moving and going:
- has done phenomenal business in The Village. So much so that they're moving on up and adding more than 600 square feet to their restaurant. Construction has already begun on their new location, in the former English Gardens space. The new location will include additional seating and a large bread oven. Kabob Grill should be making chicken shawarma in their new location by the end of summer.
- will be moving across Adams to the plaza in July.
Events and weekly happenings
"We've got a summer rich with activities," marketing director Shelleen McHale said. "We want The Village to be a family destination for fun, free activities."
Upcoming events include:
- First up is a School's Out Party and Red Carpet Premier. The event happens this Friday at 7 p.m. with a red carpet for kids to walk and get their picture snapped by The Village "paparazzi." A dance party with games and prizes provided by Radio Disney will be held from 7 to 8 p.m., including a performance by Jennifer Kincer's Studio dancers. At 8 p.m. Disney Channel original movie Let It Shine will be shown without commercial interruption. All you need to bring is a chair or blanket to sit on.
- The Village is teaming up with the YMCA for a special Father's Day craft, a keepsake calendar made with your child's handprint. The event is Saturday June 16. Come to Fountain Park anytime between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. and be prepared to get messy.
On-going weekly activities include:
- Mommy Mondays: Meet at The Village in Fountain Park at 10:30 a.m. for a chance to interact, exercise, entertain the kids and do a craft. The first Mommy Monday is June 25 with Roscoe the Clown.
- "It Takes a Village" Kid Club: This Wednesday kids club takes place every week at 10:30 in the Festival Park. It's an opportunity for kids to try something new for free. The club kicks off on June 20 with the hosting a pirate adventure.
- Music in the Park: The Village will help you get ready for the weekend with live, outdoor music every Thursday in the Festival Park. The shows are from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Bring a blanket or lawn chair. The first concert will be June 28 with Kincer and Karam Duo performing Top 40 hits.
For a full schedule of Mommy Monday and Kid Club activities and concert performers, click here.