The National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat warning for Rochester and much of Oakland County, as the heat index is expected to reach 102 degrees today.
The warning is in effect until 8 p.m. tonight.
If you plan to be outside today, attending either the , or any of the other activities, make sure to stay cool.
Patch has compiled five of the best spots around town to grab a cold treat and beat the heat - and all of them are open on Saturday!
- , Open Sat. 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- , Open Sat. 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- , Open Sat. 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- , Open Sat. 10 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- , Open Sat. 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Bonus: July is also National Ice Cream Month! But, even if you don't plan on grabbing some of the sweet stuff today, make sure to follow these tips:
- Drink plenty of water. Try to limit how much alcohol you drink.
- Stay out of the sun and inside an air-conditioned space when possible.
- Remember to check on the young and the elderly, who are more susceptible to heat illnesses.
You can find the complete detailed forecast here.