Never mind the Main Street construction, the Sidewalk Sales will still go on!
This July 12-14, before you head to , here are five things to keep in mind.
1. This is the 57th - yes, 57th! - year of the Sidewalk Sales. The annual summertime event brings great bargains, a fun atmosphere and tons of activities for the kids to Rochester.
2. The sale hours are as follows: Thursday and Friday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
3. Due to the Main Street Makeover, Sidewalk Sales will take place on side streets (Both E. and W. Third & Fourth), back alleys and inside stores.
4. There will be special Third Street entertainment each day, sponsored by . On Thursday, come join story time with the from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.; Friday, see some tricks at Magic Hour with Gordon Russ during two shows at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.; Saturday, the two events are combined with Gordon Russ performing Magic Hour at 11 a.m. and the RHPL holding story time from noon - 2 p.m.
5. There will be special entertainment on W. Fourth Street as well. On Thursday, will perform from 10 a.m. until noon and the Rochester Musicians Academy will play from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Friday will play host to Goofy Faces Caricature Artists, sponsored by .
Be sure to visit Downtown Rochester's website for a complete schedule!