The Patch Local Voices section can be a powerful tool for yourself, your group or your business. It's the perfect place to promote a big event coming up, voice your opinion on something you are passionate about or share tips from your career field.
Each Saturday we will feature some of Patch's most interesting Local Voices writers, show you who is posting on Patch and how you can get started.
Sharing school news with the community
Utica Schools wants all the great things going on with the district to be shared with the community.
That's why they blog on Patch. They share important information such as UCS announces Class of 2014 graduation dates and times, special honors like More than 300 UCS students earn AP honors and really cool news such as And the Emmy goes to...UCS grad and UCS grad gets a wild opportunity.
You can follow their blog, Utica Community Schools's Blog, on Patch.
Who else is posting on Patch?
- The Family Center of Grosse Pointe and Harper Woods is sharing interesting and useful news for the families of our community.
- Julie Garcia posted soccer news from Bloomfield with Blackhawks Soccer Ties Lake Orion, 1-1.
- ADHD Education for Everyone! shared How Changing Your Thinking Changes Your Brain.
- Lori Williams posted Blogging Tips for the Professional.
Here’s how you can get started right away:
- Click the "Start Blogging" button on your Patch homepage.
- Start writing the description of your blog It doesn’t have to be perfect. (Just don’t use all caps!)
- Upload a photo to illustrate your blog that you own or have permission to use. You can also just use a Patch logo offered on the page.
- Hit “Create your blog”
- Write your first post
- Share something and it will appear on the home page.
- Dress up your blog.
- Add cover photos.
- Tell your followers on Twitter
- Find your blog in the "Your Blogs" menu next to your Profile
Questions? Contact Patch Community Editor Jason Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-488-1353.