An 18-year-old Pontiac woman was arrested on charges of retail fraud at on Saturday after she allegedly concealed 22 items from the infant clothing department in her purse and attempted to leave the store, police say.
According to a report from the , the woman was seen removing hangers from several infant items; the items were later found in her purse. They ranged in price from $3.88 to $7 and came to $99.24 total, the report stated.
Also this week, the sheriff's office released several reports of vandalism that occurred over spring break week. According to the reports:
- Someone "hurled numerous eggs" at the windows, bricks, shutters and roof of a home in the 2800 block of Kilburn Court on April 4.
- The dealership on Dequindre Road reported the rims and tires removed from an Audi Quattro parked in the lot April 5. Someone had propped up the car up concrete blocks.
- Someone punctured two tires on a car parked in a driveway in the 100 block of Scarborough on April 5. The homeowner also reported eggs thrown at a the house.
- Two pool balls were thrown through a picture window in a home in the 400 block of Pinehurst on April 6. The 9 ball and the 12 ball were thrown through the glass around 1:10 a.m.
- An Acadia parked in the 600 block of Timberline Road was damaged with key marks April 6.