No injuries were reported when a fire destroyed a Rochester home Friday afternoon.
The fire on Terry Avenue, east of Rochester Road and north of Romeo Street, began in the main electrical panel, according to a preliminary investigation, said Rochester Fire Chief John Cieslik. From there, it "stayed hidden for awhile as it burned in the interior of the walls, into an addition and into the home's attic," he said.
Rochester firefighters were called to a report of a house fire in the 300 block of Terry at 1:12 p.m.; they arrived on the scene three minutes later. When the first crew arrived, firefighters reported heavy black smoke coming from the first floor of the back of the home. All of the residents were accounted for, Cieslik said.
The fire was brought under control by 1:49 p.m. and was completely out at 2:33 p.m., Cieslik said. The damage is estimated at $175,000, he said.