It takes a special someone - or group of someones - to turn on 850,000 lights.
That's what's happening Friday night at the annual lighting of the Village of Rochester Hills. The event will feature a parade, music, a toy drive and, of course, Santa.
It's a tradition in the city of Rochester Hills, and Rochester Patch wants to help the city and the Village find the perfect special guest to join in the excitement.
Patch wants to know: Who should light the Village of Rochester Hills, and why?
Post a comment here and make a suggestion. Maybe it's a family that helps out in the community; maybe it's a school club or sports team that's had an amazing year. Or, it could be an individual who has an amazing story to tell.
Think about that perfect person (or persons) and tell us about it.
Here are a few guidelines:
- We'll take nominations now until noon Wednesday, Nov. 14. To nominate someone for the honor, post a comment with the person's name. Tell us why you think he/she/they should light the Village.
- The nominee must live in Rochester Hills and must be available on Friday night.
- Go ahead and nominate yourself — but tell us why you should be "the one."
- No need to include contact information for the person you're nominating; we'll use your email address (the one you used to sign up for Patch) to contact you and get that information.
- Representatives from Patch, the Village and the city of Rochester Hills will select a winner on Wednesday afternoon.
This is the 11th year of the lighting of the Village; we want you to help make it special!
For more about the event, visit thevorh.com.