This list of special holiday hours and building closures has you covered whether you're dining, celebrating or grocery shopping on New Year's weekend.
Restaurants and bars
Does a seven-course dinner at the pique your interest? Patch writer Sarah Bittner has on New Year’s Eve for you. Reservations are recommended.
After dinner you might want to go out and celebrate in downtown Rochester, here are some options:
- has a special New Year’s Eve menu featuring prime rib and Ahi Tuna direct from Honolulu, and the drink specials and live music start at 10 p.m.
- will have $3 tall beers after 9 p.m., no dress code, a free Leffe Belgian Blonde Ale toast at midnight and a live DJ until 3 a.m.
- hosts a “reverse happy hour” starting at 10 p.m. Drink specials will be flowing, and reservations are recommended. To reserve your spot, call 248-601-9300.
- will remain open the entire weekend if you have any last-minute needs for your celebration. If you plan on hosting a New Year’s Eve party, here are some and to impress your guests.
- will be open 6 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday and 6 a.m.-midnight Sunday.
Government building hours, closures
- : The library is closed Dec. 30-Jan. 1. The library reopens at 9 a.m. Jan. 2 with new printing procedures. Due to a budget reduction, library patrons will no longer receive a 50-cent credit for printing and copying. The rates will be 10 cents per black-and-white page and 50 cents a page for color copying and printing.
- Post offices: The post offices in Rochester Hills and downtown Rochester will be open 9 a.m.-noon on New Year's Eve. The post offices are closed on New Year’s Day, which falls on a Sunday. Both lobbies are always open with machines for automated postage services.
- The UPS Store in Oakland Township will be open 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on New Year's Eve.
- : Closes early at 4 p.m. Dec. 30 and remains closed Dec. 31-Jan. 2.
- Secretary of State: Closed Dec. 30-Jan. 1.
- : Closed Dec. 29-Jan. 1. Normal city business will resume at 8 a.m. Jan. 2.
- : Closed Dec. 30-Jan. 2.
- : The Oakland Township office will be closed all weekend and regular hours will resume 8 a.m. Jan. 2.