Well, you made it. The weekend is here. All week, we've been giving you some ideas to get your planning started. Here's a wrap-up:
- When: 7 p.m.-midnight Saturday at the
- Cost: $75 per person or $140 per couple
- Registration? Tickets? Call 248-650-7176 for ticket information.
- Why go? The Friends of the library wants you to help . On the agenda for the night are a strolling dinner, drinks, dancing and a silent auction.
- When/where: 9-11 a.m. Saturday at
- Cost: Registration in advance costs $15 for students; $25 for all others; $40 a couple; $70 family. Participants 10 and younger are free. Registration on the day of the event costs $5 more.
- Registration? Tickets? Accepted until 8:30 a.m. Saturday
- Why go? All proceeds of the race benefit the , which provides food, clothing, transportation, counseling and financial assistance for those in Rochester and Rochester Hills.
The Cobra Challenge, a fast-pitch softball tournament hosted by the Oakland Cobras
- When/where: The tournament starts at 5 p.m. Friday at and continues all day Saturday and Sunday at Borden Park and . A complete bracket-style schedule of games is posted here.
- Cost: A day pass costs $5; a weekend pass costs $8; children 12 and younger are free. No cost for anyone wearing a RARA (Rochester Avon Recreation Authority) or Rochester Hills Little League jersey or cap.
- Registration? Tickets? May be purchased at the gate
- Why go? The fast-pitch softball phenomenon took off after the University of Michigan won the College World Series Championship in 2005, according to Rick Troy, a coach and volunteer for the Rochester Hills-based Oakland Cobras. This weekend's tournament will feature 40 fast-pitch softball teams — 480 rostered players — from throughout the state. More than 1,000 people are expected to attend.
- When/where: 9-10 a.m. Saturday at Lions Park at
- Cost: $10 donation
- Registration? Tickets? None needed, just show up.
- Why go? Pilates is a physical fitness method that strengthens your abs, back, arms and legs. It will give you loads of flexibility and control of your body. But it's not all about your bikini-season body: Lova Pilates and Fitness will donate the entire $10 cost to the tornado victims of Joplin, MO. "A friend of mine has friends and family in Joplin and is on her way there now," said Lova owner and instructor Jami Bauer-Locricchio. She said she has always wanted to teach Pilates outdoors and plans to continue it throughout the summer, with each week's session raising money for various causes.
And, because we know everyone likes options, here are a few more things to do:
- , 2-4 p.m. Saturday at the . Shadow puppeteer Patrick Elkins will show teens how to amaze their pals with cool shadow puppets.
- , Saturday and Sunday at Stony Creek Metropark. There will be a replica village and a military encampment to show what it was like between Native Americans and the British and French during the 18th-century French and Indian War.
- Green Lantern. It premieres Friday at Emagine Theatre
For more things-to-do visit our Events guide here.