This weekend is finally here, so it's time to get out there and enjoy the festivities. Here is a roundup of the events happening here this weekend. Get out!
- Where/When: You can trick-or-treat downtown from 4-5 p.m on Saturday, then meet at Water Street and University for the costume parade at 5:15 p.m.
- Cost: Free
- Why go: The kids will be thrilled to start building their candy stash by trick-or-treating at the downtown shops. Afterward, the Rochester police and fire departments will lead the costume parade down Water Street to the Rochester Fire Department, where there will be hayrides.
- Where/When: , Saturday 2-4 p.m.
- Cost: Free, but donations are appreciated. The donations will benefit the YMCA.
- Why go: The Village will have its own pumpkin patch, complete with carving and decorating stations. The kids can get creative with their very own pumpkin while sparing your house from the pumpkin mess. It's a win-win!
- Where/When: , Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. As of Wednesday afternoon, tickets were still available for the 7:40-8:20 p.m. slots Friday, the 8:10-8:30 p.m. slots Saturday and the 6:50-7:10 p.m. slots Sunday.
- Registration: Call 248-656-0999 to register for this event.
- Tickets: $7, cash or check.
- Why go: The Dinosaur Hill experts will take you on a guided walk through the woods to see short skits containing storybook characters. The performances are tame and suitable for kids of all ages. Walks leave every 10 minutes for a 45-minute trek. After the walk, you can warm up by the campfire with cider, donuts and entertainment. Kids are encouraged to wear costumes.
- Where/When: , Friday from 6-8 p.m.
- Registration: You can pre-register for this event by calling 248-650-7529. Otherwise, you can get tickets at the door.
- Cost: $10 for pre-registered kids, $12 at the door. If you would like to purchase pizza, it is $1 per slice.
- Why go: Rochester Play!, the downtown place to meet for playdates, has a good time in store for your kiddos. The evening will include Halloween Arts and Crafts, music, dancing and games. There will be punch and a Halloween treat for a snack. Of course, costumes are encouraged!
And because we know that you like options, here are a few more for you:
- , , Friday at 6:30 p.m.
- at , Friday at 5:30 p.m.
- Friday Night High School Football: Stoney Creek-Rochester Adams and Rochester High School-Royal Oak, 7 p.m.
- Sunday at 3 p.m., Rochester Municipal Park.