We have given you four days chocked full of suggestions to fill up your weekend. Here is a recap (and no matter how much fun you're having, don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour before you go to bed Saturday):
- Where/When: , 9 a.m. Sunday
- Registration: Online at www.bloomerboogie.com or if you like to wait until the last minute, there is walk-in registration the day of the race starting at 8 a.m.
- Cost: The 5K and 5 mile run/walk cost $25, including a T-shirt and refreshments. The 1K kid's Boo Boo Boogie is $10.
- Why go: The Rochester Area Optimist Club is made up of an awesome group of folks who work very hard to make a positive difference for local kids. Why not run off some of the Halloween candy you ate after the kids went to bed (you know you did!) and help to raise some funds for a great cause.
- Where/When: , Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m.
- Tickets: Tickets can be purchased at the Adams main office during school hours or purchased online at www.adamstheatre.com
- Cost: $10 for adults and $8 for students and seniors.
- Why go: This Greek tragedy, written by Sophocles, dates back to fifth century B.C.E. Antigone, the daughter of Oedipus, makes a crucial decision of defiance that causes a ripple effect of tragic consequences. The show is appropriate for ages 12 and up. Featured players are Kellie Dugan as Antigone; Brandon Santana as Creon; Mary Dudek as Chorus Leader; Megan Bayagich as Eurydice; Kristin Heim as Ismene; Joey Urreta as Haemon and Gabe Johnson as Tiresias. Also featured in the cast are Kathleen Drew as Guard; Olivia Griffin, Julie Fassnacht and Megan Bayagich as the Muses plus Michael Greco as Messenger.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday at in Rochester
- Cost: Adults $25; students $5
- Why go: Grammy award-winning horn player Andrew Pelletier will be performing with the symphony; he can be heard on many film soundtracks, has performed with orchestras throughout the country and presently serves as professor of horn at Bowling Green State University. Pelletier will perform Mozart's Horn Concerto in a program entitled "In the German Biergarten." Also on the program is the Academic Festival Overture of Brahms, and Beethoven's Symphony No. 7.
- Where/When: 6:30 p.m. Saturday at .
- Cost: $75 per person; call 248-340-9215 for a reservation.
- Why go: Sponsored by the Rochester Symphony Guild, the event will feature a gourmet dinner, silent auction (of themed baskets) and entertainment by Three Men and a Tenor, a comedy-vocal group. All proceeds of the event benefit the Rochester Symphony Orchestra.
• Where/When: , Saturday at 7 p.m.
• Tickets: You can purchase tickets at www.ougrizzlies.com or at the door.
• Cost: Free for OU students, $5 adults, $3 for kids 12 and under
- Why go: The Oakland University Men's Soccer team will host IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis) for a spot in the Summit League Championship. OU is 5-11-1, 2-3-0 this season. This promises to be an amazing game under the bright lights — and it's the team's final match of the regular season!
And because we know that you like your options, here are a few more for you:
- , Sunday at 2 p.m.
- , , Sunday at 2 p.m.
- at the , Saturday at 9 a.m.