Give yourselves a pat on the back: you made it to the weekend! And since you have worked so hard, now it is time to reward yourself with a fun weekend. We can help. Here is a rundown of what we have told you about this week:
- Where/When: , 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday
- Tickets: Tickets are available at the door or at www.peanutgalleryplayers.org
- Cost: $15 for adults, $12 for students and seniors
- Why go: Bye Bye Birdie, the feel-good musical from 1961 which earned a Tony award, will be at the Meadow Brook Theatre, featuring the Peanut Gallery Players. The Peanut Gallery Players consists of more than 80 area student performers, ages 6-18.
- Where/When: Downtown Rochester at the , Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Cost: Free, unless you decided to purchase some yummy homemade goodies.
- Why go: This community bake sale will benefit Share Our Strength, a campaign to end childhood hunger in America. Think of it as hitting two birds with one stone: you are helping a great cause while keeping your sweet tooth satisfied. Don't miss the cake walk, cupcake walk and other sweet activities planned.
- Where/When: , Saturday from 10 a.m.-1 p.m
- Cost: $5 to rent a 10 x 10-foot space for sale items. Shoppers enter for free.
- Why go: Kids can rent a space to set out toys they would like to sell or trade with other kids. It's a great way for children to recycle their toys and earn their own money to purchase something new. Set-up is from 9-10 a.m., and the event is rain or shine. To register for a spot for selling, contact the at 248-656-8308.
- Where/When: Home Depot, Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Reservations: Not needed
- Cost: Free
- Why go: The kids workshop at the Home Depot is always fun for the little set. The kids can put together their own wooden pencil box, just in time for school. In addition to their cool craft, the kids will receive an orange Home Depot apron, a pin and a certificate of completion. Don't forget the free popcorn as an after-project treat!
And because we know you like options, here are a few more:
- at the , Saturday from 2:30-5:30 p.m.
- is a motorcycle parade-fundraiser for the American Red Cross. It travels from Waterford to in downtown Rochester from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., riders are $20, passengers are $15. You'll be able to view the parade along Rochester Road on Sunday afternoon.
- Check out one of the concerts around town this weekend: at DTE Energy Music Theatre on Friday, on Saturday at DTE Energy Music Theatre, on Saturday at the Village of Rochester Hills, the Sunday at DTE Energy Music Theatre and on Sunday at the Meadow Brook Music Theatre.