We went shopping at grocery stores around town; here are the prices we found on some of the things that are sure to be on your Thanksgiving shopping list. (Most of these prices are good until Sunday).
Feeling behind in your Thanksgiving Day planning? Catch up with Megan Swoyer's "Countdown to Thanksgiving" series.
First up: the turkey
- has Riverside turkeys for 59 cents a pound (with $10 additional purchase).
- has Peacock Amish turkeys for $1.99/lb and all-natural turkeys for $2.99/lb.
- has all-natural, brined, fresh young turkeys for $1.99 per pound.
- has Jennie-O Turkeys for 69 cents a pound, Fresh Grade "A" Amish Stuffed Turkeys for $1.39 per pound and Amish Country Turkeys for $1.29 per pound.
- has Jennie-O turkeys for 57 cents per pound (with additional $25 purchase).
- sells Nature's Rancher turkey for $1.99 per pound, Michigan Legacy turkey for $1.99 per pound, brined turkey for $1.99 per pound and Larry Schultz organic turkey for $3.49 per pound.
- Busch's has 12-ounce bags of fresh cranberries priced at three for $5; at Kroger, organic fresh cranberries are two for $4 (for an 8 ounce bag).
- A 14-ounce can of cranberry sauce is 99 cents at Hollywood Market.
- Fresh green beans are 99 cents a pound at Busch's.
- A 5-pound bag is two for $4 at Hollywood Market.
- Trader Joe's has its popular 24-ounce bag of frozen green beans for $1.99.
- A 6-ounce box of Stove Top Stuffing is $1.39 at Busch's.
- That same box is 4 for $5 at Kroger and Hollywood Market.
All of the grocery stores we shopped at had pumpkin pies on sale.
- Busch's: $4.99 for 8-inch; $5.99 for 10-inch.
- Kroger: $3.99 for 8-inch.
- Hollywood Market: $5.99 for 10-inch.
- Whole Foods Market: $6.99 for 8-inch.
- Trader Joe's: $4.99 for a frozen 21-ounce pie.
- A 24-ounce can of Libby's Pumpkin Pie mix is $2.99 at Busch's, you'll pay $5 for two at Hollywood Market.
- An 8-ounce container of Cool Whip is 99 cents at Busch's and Hollywood and part of a 10 for $10 deal at Kroger.