Your voice. Your community.
The Patch Local Voices section can be a powerful tool for yourself, your group or your business. It's the perfect place to promote a big event coming up, voice your opinion on something you are passionate about or share tips from your career field.
Each Sunday we will feature some of Patch's most interesting Local Voices writers, show you who is posting on Patch and how you can get started.
Bullying in the Classroom: Tips/Ideas for Parents and Kids
Melissa Gronzo has 10 years teaching experience. She is an elementary trustee with her union, a Michigan Education Associated and National Education Association representative. She is National Elementary Honor Society teacher leader, and is involved with many things at her school including: Rachel Challenge team, data team, Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support and she volunteers at two local charities.
And somehow she still has time to answer your questions and write in Patch's Local Voices section.
She recently tackled questions from Patch readers about bullying in the classroom and the importance of spelling and vocabulary with elementary school students.
"All year we are doing random acts of kindness and encouraging students, staff and parents to start a positive chain reaction," she posted.
You can follow her blog on Rochester Patch.
Who else is posting on Patch?
- Rochester's Stephanie Ubaydi, a Red Cross Volunteer posted about Celebrating Service to the Rochester Community.
- The Alzheimer's Association-Greater Michigan Chapter recognized two volunteers for National Volunteer week.
- Royal Oak's Greg S. Umstead posted about the CROP Hunger Walk: “Ending Hunger One Step at a Time”.
- Birmingham's Ed Morykwas shared an article about the Townsend Hotel celebrating its 25th anniversary.
How can I post on Patch?
Blogging in our Local Voices Section is easy:
- Sign in to our site with your email (or sign up by clicking join on the top right of our home page, if you don't have an account)
- Fill out your profile by filling out a bio of yourself (or group/business) and upload a picture of yourself (or group/business) by clicking your name in the upper left side of the home page.
- Click the Patch town you would like to post in: Huntington Woods/Berkley, Rochester/Rochester Hills, Troy, Bloomfield/Bloomfield Hills, Fenton, Birmingham, Ferndale, Royal Oak or Clawson and click "Post on Patch."
- Start writing!
- Upload a photo to make your post stand out by clicking "Add photos, videos & PDF's" on the upper left side of the page.
- Hit submit!
Contact Patch Community Editor Jason Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org or 810-488-1353.