Starting today, Rochester Patch will run this weekly feature highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off and more.
Our first list is all about The Game. Here are five things you can pick up around town to take to the Super Bowl party in your neighborhood.
1. Team cakes: Leave it to to come up with the dessert of the day. It has black-and-gold Steelers cakes or green-and-gold Packers cakes. We suggest you order some of each. They're $2.75 each or $28 a dozen.
2. Local brew: Pick up a case of Lazy Daze Lager for $29.75 at . It also has kegs available. Check out the complete menu.
3. A half-baked pizza: At you can get a pizza that is, literally, baked only halfway. You finish baking it when you get where you're goin'. For details, see the catering menu and be sure to say you want your pizza "half baked" when you order.
4. Football food. Isn't the food the best part? We suggest wings (and extra bottles of sauce) from or potato skins from (normally closed on Sundays, it will be open for the Super Bowl). You can get 50 skins for $40. See the full catering menu.
5. Something home-baked: Need ideas? is having a from 1-4 Saturday afternoon. It will have samples, demos and many recipes.