It's almost fall and you're craving — what else? — apple cider.
The only place to buy hometown cider in Rochester is our own Yates Cider Mill (it's $5.75 a half-gallon). We checked the price of cider at the grocery stores around town; they carry Zeigler's from Pennsylvania, Hy's from Romeo and Tastee from Ohio.
Here are the prices, per half-gallon, as of Thursday:
- Meijer: $3.49 (Zeiglers); also has gallon for $4.99.
- Busch's: $3.99 (Hy's, Tastee, Zeiglers).
- Hollywood Market: 3.99 (Zeiglers).
- Kroger: $3.99 (Kroger brand); also has gallon for $5.99.
- Papa Joe's: $4.99 (Hy's).
- Whole Foods Market: $4.99 (Hy's).
Read about cider and other treats at Yates in Michigan's Apple Shortage Won't Detract From Rich History of Yates Cider Mill.