Looking for something to do this weekend in or around Rochester and Rochester Hills? Here are some ideas:
- 7:30 a.m. Saturday, May 11
- Rochester Community Schools, 501 W University Dr, Rochester
- The chip-timed 5K Race and Fun Run/Walk brings community members together to enjoy a picturesque route that runs through the historic neighborhoods of Downtown Rochester, the Rochester Municipal Park, and along the Paint Creek and Clinton River Trails.
Art Exhibition - Pier Wright: Recent Works
- 9 a.m. Saturday, May 11
- Paint Creek Center for the Arts, 407 Pine Street, Rochester
- For lovers of painting, the first look at Pier Wright’s small abstract works is exciting. Bold strokes and fields of luscious color burst across the surface, crisp edges laid against each other. Graphic marks and patterns are layered over mysterious forms. These works don’t seem to represent anything specific, though they call to mind tropical gardens, otherworldly landscapes, or ambiguous figures.
Safety Day Fair
- 3 p.m. Saturday, May 11
- Goldfish Swim School, 330 South Street, Rochester
- Event features the Fire Deptartment, Police Department and information on water safety. A bounce house, sno-cones, food and drinks, open swim and a tie dying station will also be included.
- Free and open to all.
Mother's Day Yoga In Eddie Bauer store
- 9 a.m. Sunday, May 12
- The Village of Rochester Hills, 104 N Adams Road, Rochester Hills
- Eddie Bauer hosts the team from Updog Yoga to treat moms to free yoga on Mother's Day.
- 7 a.m. Saturday, May 11
- Detroit Zoo, 8450 W 10 Mile Road, Royal Oak
- Spend a day at the Detroit Zoo while helping 50 million American adults and children fight the battle against arthritis. This family-friendly
walk raises funds to support arthritis programs, services and
Anders Ruhwald at Saarinen House: The Anatomy of a Home
- 2 p.m. Saturday, May 11
- Cranbrook Art Museum, 39221 Woodward Avenue, Bloomfield Hills
- For his first solo exhibition in North America, Danish ceramist Anders Ruhwald presents a series of seven site-sensitive installations in Saarinen House, the "total work of art" designed by the Finnish Amercia architect Eliel Saarinen in 1930.
South Oakland Shelter Spring Luncheon and Shopping Boutique
- 10:30 a.m. Saturday, May 11
- The Townsend Hotel, 100 Townsend Street, Birmingham
- Proceeds from this fundraising event will support SOS programs that help homeless individuals and families establish stability and self-sufficiency in their lives.
Stephen Gottlieb Music Festival -Ethan Daniel Davidson
- 8 p.m. Saturday, May 11
- 6600 W Maple Road, West Bloomfield
- The Jewish Community Center of Metropolitan Detroit is hosting the festival May 9-19.
Did we miss your event? Tell us in the comments!