The 61st Rochester Hometown Christmas Parade will travel through the streets of Rochester Hills and Rochester on Sunday afternoon.
Read all about the parade in Your Guide to the Rochester Hometown Christmas Parade.
The attached map shows the parade route.
Where to watch
The parade begins at 2 p.m. at the corner of Tienken and Rochester roads in Rochester Hills. It travels south on Main Street into downtown Rochester to Third Street, where it then travels west and finishes up behind Main Street.
How to get there
A free shuttle will pick up parade-goers at Chase Bank on Walton Boulevard (at Livernois Road) and drop them off at Chase Bank downtown (at Pine and Fourth streets). The shuttle runs constantly from 12:15 to 4:30 p.m.
How to get around town
Here's a look at the approximate times of road closings around town on parade day:
- Sheldon Road (southbound traffic): 1-3 p.m.
- Tienken Road near Stoney Creek High School: 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tienken and Rochester Road: 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Rochester Road and Romeo Road: 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Side streets off Rochester Road in downtown Rochester blocked: 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Rochester Road at Avon Road: 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Rochester Road at Second Street: 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.