This weekend, artwork and crafts — and oh, the pies — will transform into one of the biggest fall events in Oakland County.
It's the 47th annual Art & Apples Festival, and it opens Friday afternoon.
All week long, we'll bring you previews of artwork and exhibits and tell you what you need to know. For now, the basics:
- When/where: This year's festival is planned from Friday to Sunday at . Festival hours are 4 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, 9 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 9 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Why go? It's Michigan's second-largest fine arts fair and it's in its 47th year in Rochester. Nationally the festival is ranked no. 29 out of 2,000 art festivals. It's the main fundraiser for the
- What you'll see: More than 290 artists will be on site with everything from jewelry to photography to glass. You can find a complete list here.
- What you'll hear: Two stages will feature musical performances throughout the festival. Find a complete list of musical acts here.
- Leave the dog at home: There are no dogs allowed in Rochester Municipal Park during the event.
- No need to park there: A shuttle will operate from the festival to and from Rochester High School during festival hours on Saturday and Sunday. The shuttle is $3.
- Admission: There is a suggested $5 donation at the festival entrance to support the Paint Creek Center for the Arts.