Looking for a good scare? Here's Patch's guide to haunted houses in Southeast Michigan.
Warning, check the websites and descriptions for each event, as some of these attractions are not intended for younger children. Did we miss your favorite? Add it in comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more Halloween fun, see A Complete Guide to Fall Events in Rochester.
Erebus, 18 S. Perry, Pontiac, Michigan 48342 Phone - 248-332-7884
- Some consider Erebus the premier haunted attraction in Southeast Michigan. Founders Ed and Jim Terebus started the four-story haunted feature in 2000, and it was named in the Guiness Book of World Records for the worlds longest walk-through haunted attraction in August of 2005, holding the title until 2009. Dates are Oct. 3-7, 10-14, 17-21, and 24-31. Four floors Tickets range from $23-28, check dates and times on the website for pricing.
Panic at Proud Lake, 2775 Garden Road, Milford. For more information visit www.panicatproudlake.com.
- Runs Oct. 12-13, Oct. 19-20, Oct. 26-27 from 8 p.m.-11:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 per person.
- Family Friendly Day Oct. 28 from 1-4 p.m. Tickets at $7 per person, kids 5 and under are free
House of Fear Haunted House at Hazel Park Community Center, 620 W. Woodward Heights (9.5 Mile and I-175) in Hazel Park. For more information, call 248-546-4092 or visitwww.houseoffearhazelpark.org.
- Dates: Oct. 5-6-7; Oct. 13-14; Oct. 19-20-21; Oct. 26-27-28 and Oct. 31.
- Time: 7-10 p.m.
- Cost: $10 per person.
Rochester's Tunnel of Terror
- When/where: 7:30-10:30 p.m. every Friday and Saturday starting Oct. 5 at Rochester Municipal Park.
- Cost: $15 per person ($5-off coupon available at RochesterAreaJaycees.org)
- Why go: Sponsored by the Rochester Area Jaycees, this haunted house is a must-see to get you in the mood for the season. A "Friendly Monster" version is set up from 2-7 p.m. Oct. 20 (it's a kids version with the lights on); cost is $2 per child.
Haunted Farm of Terror, 28405 26 Mile, Lenox Township. For more information, visitwww.hauntedfarmofterror.com.
- Open Sept. 21-22, 28-29 and Oct. 5-6, 12-14, 19-21, 25-28, 30. Hours are 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays and 7-11 p.m. Sunday-Thursday. Tickets are $22 per adult, $15 per child 10 and under. Call 586-203-7222.
Blake's Orchard & Cider Mill, 17985 Armada Center Road, Armada.
- Fridays-Sundays in October, the cider mill and orchard features Spookyland with 3-D Maze, Zombie Paintball Safari, 3-story haunted barn, Haunted hayrides and more. Tickets and pricing vary per attraction package, so check their website.
Haunted Hollows at Willow Creek Farm, 21855 32 Mile Rd, Armada.
- Fridays-Sundays through Oct. 28. Fridays and Saturdays 7 p.m. until midnight; and Sundays, 7 pm. until 11 p.m. or the line stops. The farm features Fluffies Maze, Cries at Midnight Cageride and the Darkness Maze. Ticket prices vary, call 586-651-1957 or visit http://www.haunted-hollows.com/.
Fear Factory in Mount Clemens, Gibraltar Haunt Fest, 237 N. River Rd, Mt. Clemens.
- October 4-7, 11-14, 18-31 and Nov.2-3. A 25,000-square-foot haunted house featuring Michigan's largest vortex tunnel. Tickets are $17. For more information, visitwww.thefearfactory.com.
Scarefest Scream Park, 61288 Gratiot Avenue in Lenox Township
- Oct. 5- 6, 12-13, 18-21, 25-31 and Nov. 3. A full-scale Halloween park, complete with a Hayride of Doom, Castle of the Dead, Forest of Darkness and Dead-End Terror Maze Zone. Tickets start at $15 for single attraction. For more information, visit www.scarefestscreampark.com.
Slaughtered at Sundown, 71800 Romeo Plank Road, Armada.
- Open every Friday and Saturday until Oct. 27, and Sunday, October 14 and 21. Hours are 7 p.m.-11 p.m. Ticket prices are $22 for adults and $16 for kids. Private VIP bonfire rental sites are also available with advanced reservation. www.SlaughteredAtSundown.net
Terrorfied Forest & Manor, 145 Swarthout Road, Pinckney. For more information visit www.terrorfied.com.
- Open Sept. 28-29 and Oct. 5-6, 12-14, 19-21, 25-28, 30-31. Tickets range from $9 to $25. Call 734- 878-0018.
Hay Ride from Hell & Zombie Shoot, 619 Pearl Street, Pinckney. For more information visit www.hayridefromhell.com
- Open Oct. 5-6, 12-13, 19-20 and 26-27. Tickets range from $5 to $25. Call 734-878-5656.
Slaughterhouse, Haunted Maze & Blood Bath & Beyond Hayride, 5781 Grand River, Fowlerville. For more information visit www.slaughterhouseadventure.com.
- Open every weekend in October. Tickets range from $13 to $30. Call 517-223-9140.
- The haunted house is open Oct. 4-7, 11-14, 18-21 and 25-30. 7-10 p.m., except for Fridays and Saturdays, 7 p.m.-midnight. Cost is $12 per person, cash or credit. The Wyandotte Jaycees put on the haunted house fundraiser. Friendly Monster Nights—lights on and no scare trick-or-treat events—are 1-3 p.m. Oct 14, 21 and 28. Cost is $2.00 per child or 2 can goods, adults are free.
Wiard's Orchard Haunted Night Terrors Thrill Park, 5565 Merritt Road, Ypsilanti. For more information, visit http://www.hauntedhousemichigan.com/
- Open every weekend in October. Tickets are $32. Email email@example.com for more information.
Talladay Farms Haunted Maze, 6270 Judd Road, Milan. For more information, visit http://www.talladayfarms.com/
- Haunted maze opens Oct. 5 and is open Friday and Saturday nights, at dark in October. Price is $6.
Brandywine Cemetery, 2727 Brandywine St., Ann Arbor. For more information, visit http://www.brandywinecemetery.com/
- The haunted outdoor attraction will be open Oct. 30-31 at 7 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.