The Road Commission for Oakland County recently announced several road projects, including some projects around Rochester and Rochester Hills, that may cause traffic delays over the next few weeks.
"It is RCOC’s goal to conduct road improvement projects in a way that interferes with traffic as little as possible," a road commission press release states. "This list includes both Road Commission projects and projects conducted by others, under permit, on roads under the jurisdiction of the Road Commission."
Troy and Rochester Hills
- Road: Livernois Road, Long Lake Road to Avon Road
- Project: RCOC is resurfacing this section of Livernois. There will be intermittent lane closures and motorists should expect delays.
- Completion Date: June 7
- Road: Stoney Creek Road, Orion Road to Rochester Road
- Project: RCOC was set to begin resurfacing this road by April 26, weather permitting (originally expected to start April 15).
- Completion Date: June 1
- Road: Baldwin Road, 1-75 to Indianwood Road
- Project: RCOC will begin resurfacing this section of Baldwin on approximately April 29.
- Completion Date: June 14
- Road: Coolidge Highway, Webster Road to Woodward Ave.
- Project: RCOC is resurfacing this section of Coolidge Highway. At least one lane of traffic will remain open in each direction during construction, but motorists should expect delays.
- Completion Date: Open to traffic by July 3
- Road: Eastbound 10 Mile Road, Huron Street to Ferndale city limits
- Project: RCOC will resurface this section of eastbound 10 Mile, which is also the I-696 Service Drive, beginning on approximately Monday, April 29.
- Completion Date: By June 14
Orchard Lake Village
- Road: Pontiac Trail from Orchard Lake Road to Old Orchard Trail
- Project: Beginning approximately May 13, RCOC will resurface this section of Pontiac Trail.
- Completion Date: By July 1
The Road Commission for Oakland County notes that this information is subject to change. Projects can change from day to day, and traffic delays can develop in a matter of minutes due to weather, emergency situations, etc.