The Downtown Farmers' Market will open its 13th season on Saturday in Rochester.
The market will feature early spring vegetables, bedding plants, fresh flowers and more. It is open at the corner of E. Third and Water streets from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday through Oct. 27.
"Shopping at the Downtown Rochester Farmers’ Market is a great way to support Michigan farmers and buy locally produced food," said Nancy Voges, marketing coordinator for the Rochester Downtown Development Authority. "The market brings together familiar faces, fresh food and the spirit of the community."
Here's what's planned for opening day:
- Free Farmers’ Market canvas tote bags sponsored by , filled with special offers from downtown merchants, for the first 500 adult customers.
- Live music by blues artist Paul Miles.
- Free children’s activities include pot-a-plant, a scavenger hunt for Pete the Pineapple, a visit from the market mascot and a kids’ craft activity by .
- First Saturday Drawing: Enter to win one of more than 20 $25 gift certificates donated by downtown merchants.
- Weekly Harvest Basket Drawing: Enter to win a collection of products donated by market vendors.