It's time to get in the spirit of the Halloween season.
Today is the at the We've , but here are some last-minute tips.
- You don't have to rush. The daytime festivities start at 10 a.m. and end at 4 p.m. That leaves a lot of time to select the perfect pumpkin, carve the right design and then partake in all of the entertainment that's lined up.
- Leave your bracelets and fancy sleeves at home. Don't forget: one key purpose of today's festival is to get your pumpkin carved, so you are bound to get a little messy.
- Leave yourself plenty of time for the nighttime return. Traffic is known to back up along Tienken Road around 7 p.m., at the start of the festival's nighttime pumpkin-viewing.
- Don't forget your food pantry donations. For the nighttime part of the festival, from 7-9 p.m., visitors are asked to bring items to help support the food pantry.
- It's not exactly supposed to be pumpkin weather. A high of near 81 is expected. We can't help but wonder ... is it warm enough to wade in the nearby creek?
Patch invites you to email your photos from the day, or upload them here, directly onto Patch.