The annual opens at 10 a.m. today at . Festival attractions are open until 6 p.m. Saturday and from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. Their is no admission to the festival, and parking is plentiful in the lots surrounding the park.
Here are 10 things you can expect to experience today.
- Peruse the craft show. Vendors will be set up along the Paint Creek in the park.
- Sample chili. A sponsored by will showcase the best-tasting chili in town from noon until 4 p.m. Don't forget to cast your vote.
- Admire custom cars. They will be on display all day Saturday.
- Play. In addition to the regular playgrounds at the park, a "Pioneer Playground" that showcases old-fashioned activities will be set up for the kids at the festival.
- Climb. There will be a climbing wall sponsored by the Rochester Area Jaycees.
- Ride a pony — or a camel. The animals will be a main attraction of the festival.
- Be a part of a war re-enactment. Both Civil War and War of 1812 encampments will be part of the festival both Saturday and Sunday.
- Eat pancakes. There will be a pancake breakfast at the Rochester Community House from 9 a.m. until noon Saturday.
- Watch a lumberjack show. The Great Lakes Timber Show will be shown Saturday at 12 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m., and 5:00 p.m. at the festival.
- Catch a vintage base ball game. The open their home season at 1 p.m. today at Halbach Field near the park.