Incase you shake your head and pretend to know what Pinterest is — but really have no idea — we'll share this definition from the home page of the social media site itself:
"Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web."
Before this week, you had to have a Facebook or Twitter account to join. You also had to "request" an invitation and wait for up to a week to receive the OK.
Now, Pinterest is open to anyone, any time. All you need is an email address to start the pinning fun.
Whether you're a Pinterest newcomer or addict, we thought we'd take the time to share 10 local "pinners" we've grown to love. (We invite you to share your own favorite pinners or boards in the comments.)
- For crafting, baking and entertaining: Sue Keels is the director of sales and marketing at the Royal Park Hotel and author of EventTrender blog. Follow Sue on Pinterest at Sue Keels.
- For historic Rochester: Check out Joel Pritchard's images on the historic Rochester pinboard. (You'll also find some Rochester restaurants among his pinning). Follow him at JoelPritchard.
- For home decor inspiration: Nothing beats the collection of more than 5,000 pins by Rochester interior designer Jean Bean of Jean Bean Interiors. Follow her at JMBInteriors.
- For your downtown fix: Downtown Rochester is on Pinterest. Follow them at dtownrochester.
- For words to live by: We love Rochester blogger Angela Youngblood's sense of humor. Follow her at acsyoungblood.
- For good glam: Shannon Lazovski is known as The Glamorous Mom from her blog of the same name. Her pinboards reflect her mission. Follow her at shannonlazovski
- For kid crafts: Hot Mama, the newest shop at The Village of Rochester Hills, has great ideas for mom-and-kid crafts on its pinboard. Follow them at lovehotmama.
- For social media know-how: Colin McConnell runs BizMatchConnect in Rochester and knows a thing or 1,000 about social media. His pinboards are a collection of tips and other insight. Follow him at BizMatchConnect.
- For recipes: You may already follow Hope Comerford and her Busy Mom's Slow Cooker Adventures on Patch. Find more recipes at busycrockpotmom
- For gardening and more: Meadow Brook Hall's pinboards include wedding and landscape ideas, fashion and more. Follow the historic hall at meadowbrookhall.
And know that Patch is on Pinterest, too. We have boards for crafts, travel, pets and style. Follow us at WelcometoPatch.