Three Rochester Hills companies are among the 5,000 fastest-growing in the country, according to an analysis released last week by Inc.com.
The companies, DGE, Aleva Stores and TTi Global, all were ranked based on growth over the past three years.
The fastest-growing private company overall was Unified Payments, a payment-processing service based in North Miami Beach, Florida. The Plymouth-based Marketplace Homes was the top Detroit-area company on the list (it ranked 189).
Here's a look at the fastest-growing companies in the Rochester area:
- What it is: Provides staffing, training, and outsourcing services for the automotive and industrial manufacturing industries.
- 3-year growth: 133 percent
- Revenue: $88.9 million
- Founded: 1976
- Employees: 1,454, including 726 added in past three years.
- Ranks: 2,009 overall; 30 in Detroit; 154 in industry.
- What it is: The company provides electrical engineering design and consulting services to automotive suppliers.
- 3-year growth: 67 percent.
- Revenue: $9.3 million.
- Founded: 1984.
- Employees: 42, including 11 added in past three years.
- Ranks: 3,140 overall; 49 in Detroit; 31 in industry.
- What it is: Offers a variety of medical and healthcare products through a network of specialty websites focusing on foot, leg and orthopedic care.
- 3-year-growth: 51 percent.
- Revenue: $13.5 million
- Founded: 1957
- Employees: 20, including 13 in past three years.
- Ranks: 3,564 overall; 59 in Detroit, 145 in industry.
The rankings span 25 industries and 50 states; they included 144 companies in Michigan and 89 in the metro-Detroit area. According to the introduction to the report on Inc.com, "Since the economy scraped bottom three years ago, consumers were pulling back, businesses large and small were hunkering down, but these scrappy enterprises were kicking into gear."
The 5,000 companies have grown from $196 billion in sales in 2008 to $299 billion in 2011, which is an average growth rate of 355 percent.