Let's face it: the first step in becoming the next Vince Lombardi of fantasy football is finding the right place for the big draft.
Here are our best recommendations for places in Rochester and Rochester Hills that could accommodate you and your fantasy coach comrades:
Limelight Sports Pub & Grill
Limelight has the longest-running happy hour in town — from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. everyday, featuring $2 pints. (Any good fantasy football manager knows you can't go thirsty on draft day.)
- Features: Free WiFi, NFL Sunday Ticket and O'Cailey's corner to provide you with all the tools you need for a successful draft.
- Food Specials: Tuesday: $1.75 Tacos; Wednesday: $1.75 Coney Dogs; Thursday: $1.75 Sliders
- Good to know: Karaoke night is Thursday, so unless you want to be competing with American Idol outcasts, draft during happy hour.
- To reserve a few tables: 877-816-7781
Buffalo Wild Wings
You can't go wrong drafting in a place where the motto is "Wings, Beer, Sports."
- Features: "B-Dubs," as it has come to be known, caters to fantasy draft parties with free WiFi and draft kits big enough to be seen throughout the entire bar area. That means if you make a bad first pick or draft a steal in a later round, everyone there will know.
- Food specials: Every night after 9 p.m. starts drink and appetizer specials, where $3 gets you an appetizer (mozzarella sticks, chips con queso, etc.), 23 oz. Bud Lights and shots/singles of Jameson, Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort, Crown Royale, Captain Morgan and Smirnoff.
- Good to know: The restaurant's most popular specials are the infamous 45-cent traditional wing Tuesdays and 50-cent boneless wing Thursdays.
- Phone: 248-651-3999
Main Street Billiards
Main Street Billiards boasts 45 televisions, two bars, a dance floor, free WiFi, an outdoor patio with a fireplace and plenty of billiards tables.
- Features: You can call ahead to reserve the VIP room with two televisions and your own personal server, or try your luck and sit in the Solarium and have a Ping Pong table at your league's disposal.
- Drink specials: $5 Long Island Ice Teas, $3 Labatt Blue and Blue Light, $4 shot specials and $2 Miller High Life bottles for those partial to the "champagne of beers."
- Good to know: Beware if you draft on Thursday, or "college night," with outrageous drink specials before 10 p.m.; after, they go up $1.
- To reserve a few tables: 248-652-8441
Tell us: Where are you drafting your fantasy football team?