It's Mardis Gras, carnival time, and today is all about the food and celebration. Here's a look at a few spots around town where you can celebrate (and eat):
- At Penny Black, the Mardi Gras menu includes mussels, gator bites and jambalaya. Drink specials include $6 Bacardi Hurricanes.
- At The Hills Bar & Grill, dine on seafood gumbo or a $6 burger-beer-fries combo. It's a half-off wine day, and they have paczkis, too.
- Rochester Mills Beer Co. has an extensive Mardi Gras menu (read about it here). It includes barbeque alligator and a "Crawfish Boil:" one pound of crawfish boiled in Rochester Red. Desserts include beignets and deep fried Twinkies.
- It's never too cold for ice cream, and at 5:30 p.m. at Cold Stone Creamery, the Adams High School wrestling team will be treated to all the ice cream they can eat in an hour. Visitors are welcome to witness the feast.
- Several bakeries across town are serving up paczki today. Among them, Knapp's Donuts, which was set to open at 5:30 a.m. Also selling fresh paczki today: Give Thanks Bakery, Home Bakery and even Busch's, the grocery store. What's your favorite flavor?