The City of Auburn Hills has lined up a host of sights, sounds and flavors for two days of fun at its annual Summerfest celebration. The “main street” event will take place Friday, June 22, 4-10 pm and Saturday, June 23, 10 am-10 pm in the heart of downtown at Auburn and Squirrel Roads.
Saturday starts with the Optimist Club’s 5th annual “By the River” Car Show 8 am-3 pm in Riverside Park, the Pet Parade at 11 am and BBQ judging beginning at 12 noon, with awards presented on stage at 3 pm. The new Arts & Craft Fair, centered downtown and featuring many unique and one-of-a-kind items created by artists from around the state, will also continue.
The live stage entertainment line-up on Saturday is:
- 10:30–11:15 am Cirque Amongus
- 11:30 am-12 Noon Pet Parade results and prizes
- 12 Noon–1 pm Kerry’s Dance Stage
- 1–2:30 pm Paint Creek Boys
- 2:30-3 pm Karaoke Contests
- 3 pm BBQ Competition Awards and Car Show Best of Show
- 3:30-4:15 pm Detroit Tigers’ Mascot, PAWS
- 4:30-5:30 pm School of Rock
- 6-7:15 pm Kroon
- 7:15-8 pm Dance Contests
- 8-10 pm Big Will & The 360° Band
Both days feature local restaurants and street vendors offering tasty food, snacks and beverages throughout the festival, in addition to activities in the Kidz Korner, including a giant obstacle course, moonwalk, inflatable bouncers, face painting, balloon artistry, clowns and more.
For more information about the event, visit www.auburnhills.org or call Auburn Hills Parks & Recreation at 248-370-9353.