It's the pinnacle of artist activity in the Rochester area — and, perhaps, in all of southeast Michigan.
It's the annual Art & Apples Festival, and planning is well under way. Here's what you need to know right now, according to festival coordinators.
- When/where: This year's festival is planned from Sept. 7-9 at . Festival hours are 4 to 7:30 p.m. Friday, 9 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 9 to 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Why go? It's Michigan's second-largest fine arts fair and it's in its 47th year in Rochester. Last year, the festival was ranked in the . The festival is the main fundraiser for the
- How to help: More than 300 volunteers are needed to make the festival a success. Anyone 16 and older can sign up to volunteer in a four-hour shift. Volunteers receive a T-shirt. There's information on shifts and a sign-up form here.
- Artist FYI: If you haven't already committed, it's too late to sell your art at this year's festival; the application process has ended. However, you can be added to the mailing list for artists for 2013 here.
- Stay updated: More information will be posted soon at www.artandapples.com.