Local artists and designers should take notice: The Clinton River Watershed Council’s 16th Annual River Day logo contest has been announced.
The contest is designed to promote River Day along with Michigan’s Free Fishing Weekend and Southeast Michigan’s annual Water Week. River Day is Saturday, June 7, and events will include festivals, fishing derbies, fly-tying lessons, cleanup events and naturalist-led hikes through parks and trailways.
The Logo Contest
The winning River Day 2014 logo will be used on websites, event guides, T-shirts, and signage all across the watershed to promote River Day on Saturday, June 7.
This contest is open to anyone. The winner of the River Day Logo Contest will receive a T-Shirt with their logo on it and a one year membership to the watershed council.
The contest rules are as follows:
- Art must be black-and-white, thick line drawing, absolutely no gray tones.
- Size: 8.5 x 11 inches or smaller
- The date 2014 must be prominent in the design of the logo.
- Electronic submissions (JPEG or TIFF files only) are permissible, but they must meet the above requirements and be 300 dpi resolution or greater.
- Entries must be submitted to CRWC, 1115 W Avon, Rochester Hills, MI, 48309 and postmarked by March 24 or sent electronically to Michele@crwc.org.
Entries will be judged on their ability to convey River Day's goal of celebration and enjoyment of the Clinton River and Lake St. Clair, as well as their clarity and ability to be reproduced easily at a variety of scales. Judging and selection of the winning design will be completed at the council's annual meeting on April 3.