The business landscape in Rochester and Rochester Hills continues to grow. In recent months, several new businesses have started up in the area, offering residents new places to eat and shop.
Have you tried any of these five businesses?
1. Firehouse Subs, 1480 S Rochester Road, Rochester Hills Firehouse Subs opened its doors this summer in the City Walk plaza at Rochester and Tienken roads in the space formerly occupied by Quiznos Subs.
2. Famous Furniture, 1122 S. Rochester Road, Rochester Hills At long last, the former Borders location in Rochester Hills is filled. Famous Furniture opened its doors this summer in the space next to PetSmart.
3. Jake's Wayback Burgers, 2595 S. Rochester Road, Rochester Hills Jake's Wayback Burgers actually opened its doors in late spring, bringing fresh, flat top-grilled burgers and classic milkshakes to the shopping plaza at Rochester and Barclay.
4. Ganbei Chinese Restaurant, 227 S. Main St., Rochester Ganbei opened its doors in June in downtown Rochester, bringing a Far East flavor to downtown's eclectic menu.
5. 2nd Street Studio of Dance, 100 E. 2nd St., Rochester This dance studio, which opened in downtown Rochester in the late spring, offers a judgment-free dance experience for all ages.
If you've visited these businesses, tell us how you like them in the comments below!