It's Tuesday, which means we're not even halfway through the work week yet. Still, if you're looking for a diversion, here are five ideas for the next 48 hours.
1. Donate Blood in Rochester Hills We've posted about this a few times this week, but because it's for a good cause, we hope you don't mind the repetition. Rochester Hills is hosting a city-wide blood drive from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. today at Rochester Hills City Hall, 1000 Rochester Hills Drive. Call (248) 656-4708 to make an appointment.
2. Tell Rochester Hills Why You Enjoy Living Here According to a recent survey, 99 percent of residents are happy living in Rochester Hills. Now the city wants to know what it is about the city that keeps you happy. Send Rochester Hills a story, video, picture, Facebook post or letter saying what you love most about the city. You can do so by clicking here.
3. Get Your Car Seat Inspected for Free on Wednesday Correctly installed child car seats are extremely effective at reducing the risk of serious injury or death in a car accident. Parents can visit Rochester Hills Fire Station 1, 1111 Horizon Court in Rochester Hills, on Wednesday between noon and 3 p.m. to have their child's seat checked by a certified technician to ensure its safety. This service is free of charge and no appointment is necessary.
4. Graphic Novel Book Club at RHPL on Wednesday Still up in arms over the recent casting of Ben Affleck as the new Batman? Put your nose in a graphic novel and experience some of the the Dark Knight's greatest adventures and read up on some new heroes at the Rochester Hills Public Library's Graphic Novel Book Club. The club meets from 7-8:45 p.m. in the second-floor conference room of the Rochester Hills Public Library, 500 Olde Towne in Rochester.
5. Heading to OU? Register for Classes If you're heading to Oakland University this fall, make sure you're registered for classes. Classes begin on Sept. 3, also the first week of late registration. Head to the OU website to get started.