In addition to recommending buying organic produce, Kwok has provided five simple nutrition tips for Patch readers.
- Eat twice as many vegetables as fruit.
- You'll always want to have protein and fat in your system.
- In between meals, you might want to snack on some raw nuts. Raw nuts are more dense in nutrients that roasted varieties.
- Drink plenty of water, 6-8 cups of filtered water is recommended, not tap water.
- Your biggest meal should be in the morning, with a smaller meal at night. Try to have more protein and fat for a more balanced meal in the morning with lighter portions at night.