Invite a friend
Scare AWay Hunger 5K Run/Walk and Family Event
The Rochester Area Neighborhood House is preparing for the second annual Scare Away Hunger 5k Run/Walk and Autumn Family event. Funds raised through the event will be used to support programs that can help local families in need with food, clothing, financial assistance, and more. The event will be held at Rochester Municipal Park on Sunday, October 28, 2012. Check-in for the run/walk will begin at 1:30 pm at the Kiwanis Pavilion with the Autumn Family Fun activities starting at 2:00 pm. The professionally timed run/walk will begin at 3:00 pm.
Major event sponsors Renaissance Capital Alliance and Citizens Bank asks the greater Rochester Community to bring their families and spend this fall afternoon at the event which is intended to raise funds for local families in need, adhering to the Neighborhood House motto of “Neighbors Helping Neighbors.”
Fogler’s Greenhouse and Farm Markets will provide pumpkin rolling races and an autumn themed obstacle course. There will be dance presentations by the RARA Dance Studio’s Select Performance Team, as well as face painting, crafts, and a scavenger hunt. Musson Elementary School will also have an art display showcasing student representations of the Scare Away Hunger theme. In addition, raffle opportunities will be available and anyone bringing a bag of non-perishable food items for the food pantry will receive a free raffle ticket.
All runners or walkers who register before October 12th will receive a free event t-shirt. The race will be chip-timed and there will be prizes for male and female winners by age group. Registrations fees will be $20 for students, $25 for individuals and $60 for families (up to 6 members). Those registering the day of the race will be charged an additional $5. All Autumn Family activities are free. Registration can be completed on line at www.scareawayhungerrun.org or by submitting the registration form by mail. Questions about the registration process can be addressed directly to Neighborhood House by calling 248-651-5836.
|Where||Rochester Municipal Park Ludlow Street, Rochester, MI (Kiwanis Pavilion)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||2:00 pm–5:00 pm|
|Price||$20 students; $25 individulas; $60 family (6 or less)|
More About Rochester Municipal Park
Rochester Municipal Park is the largest park in the city of Rochester and the home of both the Heritage Festival and the Arts & Apples Festival. The park features two playground areas with separate playscapes for toddlers, lighted public tennis courts, a duck pond with a fountain (which is used as a skating pond in the winter), two picnic shelters, restroom facilities and more than a mile of paved pathways for pedestrians and cyclists.
The Rochester Community House, a not-for-profit banquet facility, is located within the park and is available for many events including wedding receptions. The beautiful Paint Creek Trail also begins here, and Paint Creek itself snakes its way through the rolling hills of the park.
This gorgeous park is within walking distance of downtown Rochester, the post office and Rochester Hills Public Library and is an excellent place to exercise, play and relax with the whole family.
Other events here
- Volunteer for Dinosaur Hill's Pioneer Homestead and Playground May 21, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / May 24, 2013, 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Volunteer for Dinosaur Hill's Pioneer Homestead and Playground May 20, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / May 24, 2013,
- HERITAGE RODS & CUSTOM CAR SHOW Sat, May 25, 7:00 am–5:00 pm
- Crafts Along the Creek Craft Show @ The Greater Rochester Heritage Days Sat, May 25, 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- 36th Annual Greater Rochester Heritage Days Festival in the Park Brings Old-Fashioned Family Fun to Downtown Rochester May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- 36th Annual Greater Rochester Heritage Days Festival in the Park Brings Old-Fashioned Family Fun to Downtown Rochester May 25, 2013 / May 26, 2013, 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- The 7th Annual AdvoKate Run/Walk Sat, Aug 3, 7:45 am–12:00 pm