I like to go walking and have this need to get moving sometimes. I was out of town until yesterday. I decided to go for a wintery stroll up University. Here are the businesses on the South side of University betwen Elizabeth & Livernois that did not clear off their sidewalk for the community.
1. Royal Park Hotel (I almost fell coming down the hill. It's also not cleared on the sidewalk before the Paint Creek Trail).
2. City of Rochester (Sidewalk on University/Water by the Parking Lot. The East side of Main St is important too)
3. Modern Art Jewelers & Via Linda Salon & Spa
4. Scavone Property Solutions
5. The Landlord to these businesses: Potere-Modetz Funeral Planning, Community Foundation for Greater Rochester, & Andrea K. Harral Psychotherapy
6. University Dental: Drs Tyler, Kennedy, & Scalia
7. Jerry's Gun Shop (There was at least an attempt made)
8. Landlord for the Apartments on Oak/University
9. Allstate Elkins Family Agency
10. Real Living Realty
11. Rochester Family Physicians: Dr. Dayton & Dr. Gowda
12. Rochester Schools Admin Building (The Parking Lot & Sidewalk is one of the slipperiest. Don't we rent it out to a church too? They deserved better if we did. I guess this is what privatization will get you.)
13. Rainbow Connection (I'd rather have the snow removal money go to the kids. Maybe people can volunteer? I'll help)
14. Campus Corners (Plowed everything but the sidewalk on University)
**Thank You to the businesses that did take the time to clear off the sidewalk on University:)**
If you are going to be safe and responsible on New Year's Eve by walking into town...make sure you bring some boots since businesses aren't held accountable to clear the walkway for the community. I don't know what the ordinances are...all I know is what is right & wrong. If you own a business, you need to keep the sidewalk clear. If it's someone else's responsibility, you need to take action to get that person to clear it. That is the right thing to do.
Happy New Year, Rochester area:-) I do hope to get a life in 2013:-) Much <3