I'm drinking coffee out of my 20+ ounce Tigger mug as I sit at my computer because the truth is:
I have a Disney World hangover.
I'm sleep-deprived, sore, impatient and overwhelmed from our last week's adventure to the Magic Kingdom and the other Disney parks. I'm also giggling over and over inside about the shenanigans the Pickies pulled, some appropriate but mostly not. So I decided to share with you, my friends, what just happened in less than five seconds on our recent super-vacation. ("Super" because it was super everything: stimulating, fun, tiring and EXPENSIVE).
1. Before you know it, you hear your middle Picky in his super-deep "Barry White" voice exclaiming, "Hey look! My head fits in this mailbox. Oh wait. It's a garbage can." Yes, my children even explored the many Disney garbage cans.
2. As I turned away from watching my precious Pickies playing in the park's Splash Pad, I look over to see the littlest Picky completely stripping down to his undies, in Epcot, a very public place. I know the little guy would probably benefit from a multi-step stripping program but never before have I seen him do it in public because he was upset his pants were wet from the water. I still don't think he understands cause and effect.
3. As we encountered many buffets on our stay, the biggest Picky became accustomed to go and gather her own food because to be quite honest, she ate almost everything offered. About halfway through our trip, I decide to go up and observe her buffet manners to find her putting her hands all over the bacon pan (thank goodness we sanitized). Nevertheless, she had a lot of bacon to eat.
4. Five seconds was all it took for the littlest Picky to announce on the very quiet bus trip back to the airport that one of his bodily functions was working well. Over and over and over again. It didn't help that Dad couldn't hold it together for that one.
5. In a matter of seconds, the middle Picky lost his not-very-wiggly tooth and left the gangly one hanging in his mouth for several days afterwards. (By the way, the tooth fairy is very generous at Disney World).
6. When moms are bored waiting in line for the bus to come, yoga may happen.
7. It didn't take long for what looked like an entire ice cream cone to drip onto all Pickies' clothing. It's not fun to get stains out when you are staying at a hotel. Oh, the spills...
8. Five seconds was all it took for the littlest Picky to fall asleep sitting up in my lap during dinner while clutching a roll.
9. The hotel pool can close suddenly for "unscheduled maintenance". Thank goodness my Pickies were innocent for that one.
10. It's only a matter of moments before you are tapped on the shoulder by a park employee, "Does this one belong to you?". There stood our middle Picky in absolute tears not because we lost him, but because he was scared of the costumed Darth Vader and our little Jedi refused to continue his Jedi training. Tragic.
So I will continue to bask in the after-vacation glow with the help of coffee, the book Catching Fire, and my Facebook photo album to keep me laughing. You never know what will happen on vacation when you have three hilarious, creative and spirited Pickies...in only a matter of seconds.
Do you have any funny, memorable vacation stories to share?