This Spring Roll Recipe is one of the best!
Recipe for Spring Rolls
Makes: 5 Servings
Serving Size: 2 Rolls
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- ½ cup canned bamboo shoots, rinsed, drained and shredded
- 2 medium carrots cut into thin sticks
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and cut into thin sticks
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 cups Napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 10 6-inch rice paper wrappers
- Medium bowl of warm water
- 1/1 cup light sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large bowl, toss bamboo shoots, carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts and cabbage. Divide into 10 different portions.
- Soak one rice paper skin in warm water until softened, about 30 seconds. Lay rice paper on clean, flat surface. Place one portion of the vegetable mixture in the center of the rice paper. Fold the left and right sides of into the middle until almost touching. Roll paper from the bottom to form the roll. Repeat for remaining rice papers. Set aside.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to boil for 2 minutes. Serve warm with cold spring rolls for dipping.
A Little Tip:
You can add additional items to the spring rolls to make them your own. Finely diced chicken, stir-fried tofu, shrimp or shredded pork will add protein.
- 1 Starch
- 2 Vegetables
- Calories: 110
- Calories from Fat: 6
- Total Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- Sodium: 164mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Receive a free diabetes tips worksheet by contacting us today or calling 248-656-6757.