Your Guide to Labor Day Weekend In and Around Rochester
Staying around town? Here are things to do and a look at the weather forecast, too.
If you're staying in town:
- Rochester Red Alert Food Drive Cookout Kick Off: Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Busch's.
- The Grangers: Vintage "Base Ball": 1 p.m. Saturday at Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm.
- Paint Creek Trail Labor Day Bridge Walk & Run: 9 a.m. Monday starting in Rochester Municipal Park.
For a complete guide to weekend events in Rochester and Rochester Hills, see our Events page.
If you want to venture outside the city:
- Great Lakes State Fair: Runs Friday through Monday in Novi.
- Arts, Beats and Eats: Friday through Monday in Royal Oak.
- Michigan Peach Festival: Continues Friday through Monday in Romeo.
What about the weather?
Here's the forecast for Rochester and Rochester Hills, according to the National Weather Service:
- Saturday: Mostly sunny. High of 82; low of 60.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny. High of 81; low of 67.
- Monday: Chance of thunderstorms. High of 82; low of 68.
When to set out the trash?
- In Rochester: All week, refuse, recycling & yard waste collection for the city of Rochester will be delayed one day in observance of the Labor Day holiday. Brush chipping services provided by the DPW will also be delayed one day. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact the DPW at 248-651-5165.
- In Rochester Hills: All week, trash and recycling collection for the city of Rochester Hills through Republic Services will be delayed one day in observance of the Labor Day holiday. Call Republic Services at 800-858-0089 with questions.